CCC Inspirational Articles, Download Mp3 Hymns & Songs, Search & Submit Parishes Worldwide & Lots More...

Forums: News Update | Gospel Articles | Constitution/Doctrine | Hymns/Songs | Events | Relationship | Student Fellowships/Parishes

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

EXERCISING SELF-DISCPLINE

1 Corinthians 9: 27 – But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
Self-discipline requires an honest look at your strengths and weaknesses, with emphasis on the latter. It means building the will to say ‘no’ when a powerful appetite inside screams ‘yes.’ Many books have been written on how to attain self-fulfillment, self-satisfaction and self-awareness. But not many tackle self-discipline.

When you have self-discipline, you can: say no to friends or situations that will lead you away from Christ; say no to casual sex, saving intimacy for marriage; and say no to laziness of ‘can do’ or ‘will do.’

To exercise self-discipline, you must learn to channel natural appetites toward God’s purposes. In other words, do not seek for self-gratification but God’s glorification. Understand that you’re only accountable to God and not to anybody (Ecclesiastes 11: 9)

CCC Inspirational Articles, Download Mp3 Hymns & Songs, Search & Submit Parishes Worldwide & Lots More...

Forums: News Update | Gospel Articles | Constitution/Doctrine | Hymns/Songs | Events | Relationship | Student Fellowships/Parishes

WhatsApp Us whatsapp

Click to Share MeetCCC Features To WhatsApp Friends