CCC Inspirational Articles, Download Mp3 Hymns & Songs, Search & Submit Parishes Worldwide & Lots More...

Forums: News Update | Gospel Articles | Constitution/Doctrine | Hymns/Songs | Events | Relationship | Student Fellowships/Parishes

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

POWER OF PRAYER,THANKSGIVING AND PRAISE:Part One - PRAYER

Prayers are special and organised utterances,either supplications or declarations,one makes to GOD, in the name of Jesus Christ alongside one's faith,to give positive effects to one's heart desires or any pending situation. It is organized because every individual have one praying style or the other they adhere to. There are three forms of prayer, which are:
(i) Individual prayer :- It is a form of prayer in which you make your supplications alone i.e. between you and GOD.
(ii) Prayer of Agreement :- It is a form of prayer which involves two or more people. The people involved must be in one accord so as to allow the free flow of the
Holy Spirit.
(iii) Praise :- This is a form of prayer which involves singing wholeheartedly to the Lord, stating His mightiness and sovereignty, exalting Him, and glorifying Him.

Utterances made to give a negative effect are no longer regarded as prayer;they are curses,which are not ideal for christians. That is why Jesus Christ engaged us in Matt 5:44 to love and pray for everybody, including our enemies. Many christians are ignorant of the power of prayers,that is why they are lagging behind in their prayer life. The keys to unlocking the power of prayers are:
(i) Faith (C.C.C Hymn 544).
(ii) Praying Aright i.e according to the will of God(James 4:3).
(iii) Be Sin Free(Matthew 26:41, C.C.C Hymn 906:2).

CCC Hymn 431 stanza 4 also confirms the limitless power of prayers. It is our attitude towards prayer that limits the manifestation of prayers in christian lives. We have forgotten the fact that we have been given the confidence to ask anything from GOD and receive it(1 John 5:14). Christians should learn to secure everything related to their lives with prayers and also do away with the mindset that prayers are too much. Prayers are never too much. When the bible tells us that we battle not against the flesh(Ephesians 6:12), then what do we have,aside prayers,that we say prayers are too much? We must learn to pray without ceasing(1 chronicles 6:11) as prayers tend to unravel mysteries that are beyond human comprehension. There are diverse things we can offer prayers on but i will narrow them down to four:
(i) Forgiveness :- It is used to ask for forgiveness of sins,seek the Lord's mercy,desist from one's sinful ways and return to GOD(Psalm 51).
(ii) Thanksgiving :- It is a way of showing gratitude and appreciation for everything the Lord has done and all He is yet to do(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
(iii) Intercession :- It is used to make supplication on behalf of someone,in accordance with the law of Jesus Christ that stated "Love your neighbour as yourselves" (John 13:34).
(iv) Request :-It is used to relate our heart desires to the Almighty(Psalm 61).

Above all, let us remember that faith and works are not independent(James 1:6). Therefore, let us endeavour to keep our faith alive while we pray.

Halleluyah !!!

CCC Inspirational Articles, Download Mp3 Hymns & Songs, Search & Submit Parishes Worldwide & Lots More...

Forums: News Update | Gospel Articles | Constitution/Doctrine | Hymns/Songs | Events | Relationship | Student Fellowships/Parishes

WhatsApp Us whatsapp

Click to Share MeetCCC Features To WhatsApp Friends