CCC Inspirational Articles, Download Mp3 Hymns & Songs, Search & Submit Parishes Worldwide & Lots More...

Forums: News Update | Gospel Articles | Constitution/Doctrine | Hymns/Songs | Events | Relationship | Student Fellowships/Parishes

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Something more than money

As we all know, Peter was a disciple of Jesus. We also know how he denied him before he was crucified. But after the death and resurrection of christ. He(Jesus) left something for them and us, To guide us through all endeavours and to give us authority over things of this earth. THE HOLY SPIRIT. It was the holy spirit that gave Peter the authority to answer the sadducees when they asked “By what power or by what name did you do this?”. It was also the same Peter that answered the men of judea when they thought they were drunk on the day of pentecost, whereas they (disciples) were just filled with the holy spirit. This passage tells us that the holy spirit intervenes whenever and wherever we need it as long as we walk in the path of Christ. Acts 3:6. But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”. Peter did not have any money to give the lame man at the beautiful gate but he gave him something much more better than what he could hope for. What this tells us is that you don't have to give someone money to make them happy.....preaching to them about the holy spirit can do wondrous things for them and also for you in return. There was a story my dad once told me. 2 men were going to church for their Sunday service and suddenly they were stopped by some boko-haram members and they asked if they were Christians. One of them said "no ooo....I'm not" and they let him go so they asked the other man and he said "Yes...I am a Christian" so they decided to shoot him. As they were shooting him the man was praising God and the bullets weren't hitting him, it was just dropping on the ground, so they asked him "what juju are you using sir" he said it wasn't juju that it was the holy spirit which he has through following Jesus and so they stopped and decided to follow him to church that day. The other man that denounced his Christianity was hit by a trailer that same day. The moral? Whenever you're in trouble or stuck you can always rely on the holy spirit to help find a way out. And it also tells how we should preach the word of God through our lifestyle in our workplace or in school.

CCC Inspirational Articles, Download Mp3 Hymns & Songs, Search & Submit Parishes Worldwide & Lots More...

Forums: News Update | Gospel Articles | Constitution/Doctrine | Hymns/Songs | Events | Relationship | Student Fellowships/Parishes

WhatsApp Us whatsapp

Click to Share MeetCCC Features To WhatsApp Friends